I sat down in front of my computer intending to write a post about the talk I’m giving on Thursday.
My English-teacher friend / amazing book editor invited me to give a guest… lecture, I suppose, to her high school creative writing class. I’m really excited, but instead of posting about my talking points, I added fancy animations to my Powerpoint slides.
And now it’s 11:30 and I need to go to bed.
But real quick!
My slides include:
- My writing journey, especially with my first book
- What a logline is and how to write one
- The self-publishing process
- How I like to outline my stories
- Honest tips for successful writing
- My authorly profiles where the students can connect with me if they so choose
I’m going to work on the presentation a bit more tomorrow and then send it to the teacher to make sure it fits with her lesson plans and such. Hopefully the kids don’t throw bananas at me. Is that a thing teenagers do? Hopefully they don’t tweet mean things about me.