Holy crap it’s June. Apologies for my recent absence. A week of time off and the holiday weekend threw me off. I forgot to post a haiku on Sunday for the first time in like… three years. And then I forgot to schedule this post for this morning. So now I’m cramming.
June is off to a great start!
Last Month’s Goals
- Write 6,600 words.
- Read 3 books.
- Continue the exercise climb.
Write 6,600 words?
NOPE. I think I write about 2,000 words to start the month, and then did not write again. I was away from home for the week before Memorial Day without reliable internet access, so I knew I had limited writing time in May.
My adjusted goal for available writing time was supposed to account for this, but I need to tweak it to a lower weird count goal.
I’ll probably try for 400 words per available day, or some such.
Read three books?
Almost. I finished two books in May, and I’ve made good headway on three others. One of this might be a comic volume, but who’s keeping track?
Continue the exercise climb?
Another hiccup in May. My week away consisted of virtually no exercise. That was due to the renovation work I was helping a friend with on his Thousand Islands cabin. Turns out that tearing out drywall and old wood, carrying supplies, and installing new flooring is damn tiring. Thus, I didn’t really need the extra exercise.
I had a great week in cabin in the river with a few friends, though.
Goals for June
- Write 8,800 words. This is my adjusted goal, counting 400 words per day for twenty-two available writing days. June is (hopefully) a slow month for us.
- Read three books. As I said, I feel like I have enough of a head start to reach this.
- Continue the exercise climb. I’m back on track, I think, so I feel pretty good about this.
- Reorganize this site. You may have noticed some new headers on this site’s navigation. Or maybe not. Either way, I’m shifting my writing topics to themes rather than formats. I’m debating whether I want to re-tag my archive with these new themes, so there may be more changes to come.