October has come, and gone and so has Halloween. I used to love Halloween, but I haven’t done much to celebrate it in recent years.
Our 4-year-old is now all in. He dressed as a bat this year, and he chose the 1-year-old’s costume as the Hungry, Hungry Caterpillar, which was just a top-notch suggestion.
I think I’ll have to get more into it next year.
Last Month’s Goals
- Finish 9-section outlines for four POV characters in The Warden of Everfeld: Legacy.
- Read 3 books.
- Exercise 3 times per week.
Finish 9-part outlines?
Not quite. I finished two character outlines, made good progress on the third, and need to work on the fourth.
I definitely feel like these outlines will help me write more confidently once I return to my partial first draft for The Warden of Eveefeld: Legacy.
I just need to finish them.
Once that’s done, I might try to expand each character outline into a more detailed story outline. I’m not sure how I’ll go about that quite yet.
I’m not planning to participate in National Novel Writing Month this year. The timing just isn’t right for me, and I’d rather focus my attention on other story things.
Read three books?
Yes, and I came close to finishing four. I powered through two consecutive books in The Saxon Stories series. You can see a dual review of those here. Then I read The Moor’s Account by Laila Lalami, which I reviewed here. I enjoyed all three.
I’m still working through A Memory of Light, the final tome in The Wheel of Time series. I’m going at a steady pace with this one, and I’m happy with it. I’ve been reading this series for too long to sprint through the ending.
Exercise three times per week?
Not really, at least not to the extent I wanted. I have definitely been a little more active day to day, which is progress. But I’d still like to add in a few solid routine days each week.
Goals for November
- Finish 9-section outlines. This shouldn’t take much if I can just sit and focus on it for a bit.
- Finish New Earth The Herb Witch Tales #2 draft. I just want to close this story out in its current form. I’m not sure what that word count will look like, and it’s not important. I want to put a pin in this story before returning to Legacy in earnest.
- Read three books. Same same. I already have one book nearly complete, and I’m eyeing my next choice.
- Exercise three times per week. On top of more general stretching, which should really be a daily routine for me at this point.