That sound you just heard was July whooshing by and now it is August. I confess I did nothing towards my writing goals (with the exception of posting here regularly) until the last week of July. I co-procrastinated (if that’s not a word, it should be) those alongside a work writing project that had a hard submission deadline at the end of July. But! I got everything in on time (well, more or less).
Recap of July Goals (linked here for accountability purposes):
1. Keep posting here on Mondays and on my other blog, Illustrated Poetry, on Tuesdays.
Did this! At least one post per week on each blog. Didn’t adhere to the precise day of the week so much on my other blog, but eh.
2. Rewrite the first chapter of Enjoinjure.
This I put off until the absolute last minute. I do mean opening the file on July 30 and working on it on July 31. I’m fudging a little because I didn’t really attempt to smooth out and combine the new bits with the old bits until this weekend, which is technically August.
3. Put together an outline for my current untitled story.
I did do this!
I kept the bar low on these writing goals, I know. But overall it worked – I finally addressed that first chapter, which I had been actively avoiding.